Booking your Northumberland cottage holiday with Cosy Retreats
Online Booking Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to the following terms and all customers are encouraged to read through these carefully prior to making a booking.
1. Cosy Retreats, the "Agent", acts as agent on behalf of the property owner, the "Owner". Any reservations made through the agent will form a contractual relationship between you and the owner. Cosy Retreats is not, and will at no time be, party to that contract.
Bookings and Payment
2. No contract with the owner will exist until a booking form has been completed and the Agent has received full payment or a deposit of 25% of the full amount due, plus the booking fee of 5% of the total rental price and the confirmation of booking has been issued. The contract is subject to these booking conditions, the terms of which are deemed to have been accepted by you upon issue of the booking confirmation. You are then liable for remaining rent due, which must be paid no later than six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. If the holiday is booked within six weeks of its start date then full payment including the booking fee must be made to the Agent at the time of booking.
3 Where the Agent has not received the balance by its due date, a reminder will be issued and an administration charge of £10 may be added to the balance due. If the balance is not received within five working days of that reminder, the Agent reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you and clause 5 (below) shall apply and you will have no claim against the Agent or the Owner for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
Cancellation and Amendments
5. You must notify us immediately either in writing or by email if you wish to cancel your booking. If you cancel your booking the Agent will take reasonable steps to re-let the property on the given dates. If the Agent is successful in re-letting the property then you will be entitled to receive a refund of any payment made, less your booking fee and a £30 administration charge.
6. If the Agent is only able to re-let the property at a reduced or discounted price, then clause 5 above will still apply but the refund will also have the difference between the original holiday price and new holiday price deducted from it.
7. If the Agent is unable to re-let the property then the booking is forfeit and the balance is still due on the due date.
8. If you wish to make any alterations to your booking such as a change of dates, this will incur a £30 administration fee on top of any additional rental costs incurred and the changes can only be made subject to availability and the agreement of the Owner.
9. If it proves necessary for the Agent to make a change in your holiday booking by reason of the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the owner, by overbooking or any other reason, the Agent will make reasonable efforts to make an alternative booking for you. Failing this we will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, the Agent shall be under no further obligation or liability to you in this respect.
10. To the best of the Agent's knowledge, all information regarding the properties displayed on this website is accurate and up-to-date. Property descriptions and/or rental rates may be subject to change. Upon notification of any material inaccuracies in a property description or price changes or any material changes made by the Owner, the Agent will endeavour to amend the published details at the earliest opportunity and inform you.
11. The Agent reserves the right to amend any inaccuracies including description, services and pricing. If the alterations prove unacceptable to the Holidaymaker then alternative accommodation will be arranged or a full refund of monies paid will be given. The Agent is not liable for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid by you. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website.
12. It is your responsibility to:
12.1 Make contact with the Owner or his/her representative to arrange for key collection where necessary. His/her details will be sent to you in your final confirmation, following payment of your balance. Where a secure key box is provided you will be provided with the code in your final confirmation.
12.2 Ensure that the maximum occupancy of the property is not exceeded. If this number is exceeded without prior consent then the Owner reserves the right to revoke the booking without refund.
12.3 Show due consideration to other parties such as those occupying neighbouring or adjoining property.
12.4 Ensure you do not assign or part with the possession of the holiday accommodation or any part of it, or anything contained within it or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
12.5 Allow the Owner or his/her representative and/or the Agent access to the property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday.
12.6 Keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy and for any consequential loss.
12.7 Report as soon as possible to the Owner or his/her representative any breakages or damage caused by you during the holiday and to reimburse the Owner with the cost of replacement. The Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
12.8 Arrive after 4 p.m. on the arrival day and vacate the property by 10 a.m. on the day of departure unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Owner.
12.9 Not (without the express permission of the Owner) allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the property.
12.10 To notify all other members of your party of these undertakings.
13. In the event of a breach of any of the undertakings set out in clause 12, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of your holiday. In either case you shall be deemed to have cancelled your booking and shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
14. Many of our property owners are happy to accept one small, well behaved dog in their property. All properties' descriptions on our website contain information as to whether a dog is allowed or not. If you take a pet to a property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of the holiday. If this happens you will be deemed to have cancelled the booking and you shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
15. Pets are accepted on the understanding that no sign of the pet is evident, in the house or garden at the time of departure. Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms, on the furniture or to be left alone in the property. You are liable for all damage caused by your pet and the Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy. We will inform you of any damages made by your pet and any additional charges incurred within 14 days of your return from holiday. We regret that cats and caged animals/rodents or birds are not accepted at any of our properties.
16. The Agent and Owner shall have no liability for the death or personal injury of anyone in your party unless, in the case of the Agent, this results from the negligence of the Agent or its employees (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment) or, in case of the Owner, it results from the his/her negligence or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
17. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and that of those in your party. No liability is accepted by the Agent or the Owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except, in the case of the Owner, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment) or, in the case of the Agent, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Agent or its employees (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
18. No representative, agent or sales person (whether employed by the Agent or not):
18.1 Has the authority to vary, amend or waive any of these booking conditions and no amendment or addition to any of these booking conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by a senior manager of the Agent; and/or
18.2 Has the authority to make any verbal representations or provide additional information over and above information contained in the Agent’s brochures and website. The Agent cannot accept responsibility and give no warranty in respect of information or representations not contained in these booking conditions, the Agent’s brochures and/or the Agent’s website.
19. As the Agent acts only on behalf of the Owner, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Owner or anyone representing, or employed by, the Owner. Further, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects with or in any property as all properties are within the sole control of the Owner.
20. If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday cottage you should immediately refer this complaint to the owner or his/her representative. The Agent encourages property owners to take all complaints seriously and make all reasonable effort to resolve the issue as soon as possible. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying any complaint.
21. If you are unhappy with the Owner's response you should contact the Agent immediately. Complaints which are not reported immediately, will not be entertained subsequently, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
22. For some of our properties, the Owner requires a damage/breakages deposit to be paid in advance of your stay. You will be notified if this is the case in your final booking confirmation and what procedure to follow in order to meet this condition.
23. The Owner will be entitled to withhold some or all of the deposit to meet the cost of remedying any damage or breakage (particularly but not exclusively those listed in 12.6, 12.7 and 15)
These terms are deemed to have been accepted by you at the time of making your booking.